Le Grand HuitTo facilitate alternative transportation and leisure activities in urban waterways

Instagram YouTube

Greater Lille Tour

by Le Grand Huit

44 miles of superb route connecting the beautiful parks of the Metropolis of Lille, easy as long as you are ready to cycle for five hours.

At 75% on specific, signposted cycle paths: Eurovélo 5, Paris-Roubaix voie verte, voie verte de la Marque. The remaining 25%, to the south, are also very nice but not marked out.

You can help yourself with this google map below, or the Geovelo application, very well done. You can also download the GPX file of the tour in order to have the route available on your compatible mapping software.

If you prefer to shorten it, join one of the stations indicated on this route, served by a TER train which accepts bicycles free of charge.

If necessary, you can rent your bikes by appointment at Le Grand Huit, at the Pont de la Citadelle in Lille.

This itinerary mentions

  • Eight small favorites of sites to visit, in addition to the major tourist sites of interest
  • Eight favorite bistros.

Bon tour !


Do you know the best bike rental company, according to its customers, in the Lille region? It’s Le Grand Huit of course. At first glance, some people don't find our Dutch flower bikes very serious. But after a few meters they love it. And appreciate our operation by appointment and with the freedom to return the bike at any time. So read their Google and website reviews and book your turn for this spring 2024.

Happy new Olympic year. In Lille our guides will be happy to show you around the city by bike during the Olympics. Our specialty is being able to do it while having fun, but also in so many languages: English, Dutch (5 of our guides), German, Italian, Spanish. If you insist, we can even do it for you in Egyptian Arabic and Ch’ti (north of France dialect)!

Baby fun bikes. The fun bikes are always a great success, but they made some people jealous: the under eight years old who couldn't share the track with adults. At this end of 2023 we create a special event for them because they are also the most motivated in learning to cycle, especially when it is fun. Book this new activity for your event.