Stand Up Paddle auf dem Nil
Recommended by Le Grand Huit
Enjoy a Stand Up Paddle week on the breathtaking Nile, from Assouan to Edfou
8 days and 7 nights :
Stand Up Paddle : 4 days following the Nile with boat assistance, 1 day at Philae, 1 day on Aswan cataracts.
- 3 nights in double room in best located hotel of Aswan. Terrace on the sunset on Nile, and nice swimming pool.
- 4 nights on boat.
Day 1 : Arrival. Taxi from Aswan Airport (or station) Welcome on board, dinner and night on the boat.
Days 2 to 5 : 4 days on boat from Aswan to Edfou and back. Stops at Kom Ombo, Silsileh, Edfou. Possible encounter with Nile farmers and fishermen along Nile riverbanks
Night 5 at the hotel, dinner on your own, when and where you prefer.
Day 6 : Paddle at Philae : Taxi. Picnic. Stand Up Paddle with boat assistance and photograph. Temple visit.
Night at the hotel, dinner on your own, when and where you prefer.
Day 7 : Paddle on Assouan cataracts. Flower Island visit and Salouga, Aga Khan Mausoleum. Boat assistance with meal or picnic. Souq visit at night and dinner at Restaurant El Masri. Night at the hotel.
Departure day 8 : taxi towards Airport or station.
According to your sport abilities you can paddle all or part of the distance (107 kms from Aswan to Edfou), or none if you are just following a sportive buddy. On the boat we are all in it together, with one collective bedroom and not much privacy. But there are 2 toilets and 2 showers with hot water. And great cooking !
Trip organiser is Nile Kayak Club, with great experience in welcoming foreigners groups on the Nile, in partnership with Le Grand Huit. Your guide is egyptian speaking very good english.
Bring your own Paddleboard, leash and paddle. Life jacket can be available on the boat.
You can discover and enjoy Egypt more than just one Stand Up Paddle week, for instance going to Cairo, Luxor, or red sea (Hurghada).
Group constitution and agenda
Groups : You talk to your friends and paddle buddies, and you constitute a group of 6 to 10 members maximum. Arrange your trip with any change you would like : visits or not, sportive or not, ... One of you is the captain and our correspondant. Choose your week within february/march/april or october/november/december.
Groups : 680 € per person
Price includes :
- Egyptian guide with a good english level.
- 4 days and 4 nights on boat, with fresh and hot drinks.
- 3 nights at Obelisk Corniche Hotel, breakfast included.
- All meals except 2 dinners on days 5 and 6.
- Last night old city visit and dinner.
- Boat and photograph around Philae
- Taxi from/to airport or station.
- Autoriszations : Nile cruise on Paddleboards needs authorities documents NKC can obtain.
Price does not include :
- Your flight to come to Aswan (many flights per day).
- Temple visits of Kom Ombo, Silsileh, Edfou, Philae ( 3 to 9 Euros according temples). Official guides on temples if you want one.
- Taxis to get to temples (Edfoun, Philae) : 1 to 7 € pp.
- Special foreigner insurance
- Tips for boat staff and guide (4 € x 5 p, for instance) possible tip for the hotel staff (i.e. total 10 €)
- Your own Stand Up Paddle outfit
- 2 dinners days 5 and 6 : 4 à 10 € maximum
- alcohol drinks
Information and booking :
Le Grand Huit will be pleased to answer your questions, book your trip and give you the best advice.
Nile Kayak Club is your trip organizer. Payment by money transfer, and organisation of practical matters like at what time the taxi awaits you at the airport.